Join RIAN SKYE G LEWIN for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a new session and exploring essential preferences, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
Let's first create a new session. The first thing we want to do is open Melodyne.…I'm on a Mac, so the best way for me to do this is to launch Melodyne from the…Applications folder unless you have a shortcut or a faster way of doing it…that you like to use.…From the Finder the easiest way to get to the Applications folder is to select…the Go menu and choose Applications, you can also do this with the key command…Shift+Command+A. Once you're in the Applications folder, you can scroll down…until you see the Melodyne 3.…2 folder or you can also just type the first few letters of the item you're…looking for, and it will select it.…
Once we find Melodyne let's launch the application, and let's create a new session.…So let's select the File menu in Melodyne and choose New Arrangement which is…Command+N on Mac or Ctrl+N in Windows, and let's save our new arrangement.…Again, from the File menu, you can select Save Arrangement or you can use the key…command, Command+S on Mac or Ctrl+S on Windows.…And I'm going to save this in our exercise files folder, and you can save this…
AuthorRIAN SKYE G LEWIN
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Ableton Live 8 Essential Trainingwith Rick Schmunk7h 20m Beginner
Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Toolswith RIAN SKYE G LEWIN3h 30m Intermediate
Foundations of Audio: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.