Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Correcting pitch and time automatically, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
You can edit page individually using the tools we've already looked at, but…you can also edit all of the pitches in a selection at once using the correct pitch function.…Likewise, you can edit all the timings in a selection using the correct time function.…If you want to just do a quick and dirty pass, you can select everything and apply Correct Pitch.…So first let's select all, Command+A or Ctrl+A, and then let's go to our Edit…menu and choose Correct Pitch.…We can also enable Correct Pitch by using the key command Command+Option+P on a…Mac, or Ctrl+Alt+P on Windows.…
Now you'll see a pop-up window which gives us two options.…One is the Pitch Center.…If you set it to a 100%, it's going to center the pitch of each note that's…selected to the pitch that Melodyne thinks is the closest pitch, and as we…already looked at in the MDD Editor, we can also edit which pitch Melodyne…thinks the closest selected pitch is to help this have better effect.…We can also lessen the effective of this by changing our Correct Pitch Center to any value.…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.