Join RIAN SKYE G LEWIN for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing the best workflow for a project, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
So what is Melodyne?…Melodyne is essentially a tool that allows you to edit the pitch or change…the pitch and the timing or the rhythm of a performance once it's already…been committed to audio.…So if you have a vocal recording, you can use Melodyne to edit or enhance or…change the pitch and rhythm of that performance by changing the audio itself.…Now depending on the workflow that you have and the scenario that you find…yourself in with any given project, there are several different ways that you…can use Melodyne to its best advantage.…
First, if you have a multi-track session, and you plan on editing…multiple, monophonic or stereo audio files, at the same time, you would…want to use Melodyne Studio.…Now if you only have one track that you want to edit, you can pretty much use…any version of Melodyne that you have.…Now if you have polyphonic session, which means you have audio content that has…more than one note playing at a time, such as a guitar performance that includes…chords and more than just a single note melody, and that is since you would want…
AuthorRIAN SKYE G LEWIN
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Ableton Live 8 Essential Trainingwith Rick Schmunk7h 20m Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith RIAN SKYE G LEWIN3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 29m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.