Join Skye Lewin for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing pitches and formants with realtime play offsets, part of Melodyne Studio Essential Training.
The Realtime Play Offsets in Melodyne are incredibly powerful because they…allow you to change the pitch or time of a session either globally for the…entire session or per track.…So perhaps one of your tracks in your Melodyne session has a piano that…was just out of tune.…Maybe everything else in your session is at 440, but your piano is just a little bit flat.…So if you wanted to pull the piano up to match the pitch of the rest of the…session, you can use a Realtime Play Offset to do that.…Let's take a look at our Realtime Play Offsets.…
Under the Window menu, you can choose them, Realtime Play Offsets, or you can…also open the window using the key command Shift+Command+G on a Mac, or…Shift+Ctrl+G on Windows.…And here you can see little dropdown menu where you can either choose to apply…these settings globally or only on the selected track.…Let me change the pitch in cents, so first let's have a quick listen to our pitch again.…(music playing)…If we wanted to change that up by a half step, we could enter…
- Understanding the Melodyne variants: Editor, Assistant, Essential, and Studio
- Creating, moving, and deleting tracks
- Setting the tone scale, meter, and tempo in a session
- Working with multiple tracks (in Melodyne Studio)
- Working with Direct Note Access to edit polyphonic audio (in Melodyne Editor)
- Using the various editing tools in Melodyne
- Correcting pitch and time automatically
- Adjusting pitch and time manually with the Melodyne tools
- Setting hardware, plug-in, and MIDI preferences
- Editing audio with MIDI
- The Mixer in Melodyne
- Using Melodyne plug-in, Melodyne Bridge and ReWire
- Exporting with Spot to Pro Tools
Skill Level Beginner
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up and Working with Sessions
3. Editing Audio
4. Exploring the Preferences
5. Editing Audio with MIDI
6. Melodyne's Mixer
7. Melodyne Configurations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.