Explore a powerful round-trip workflow between Avid Media Composer and Pro Tools to quickly mix dialogue, sound effects, and music for film.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Scott Hirsch, and welcome to Mixing a Short Film in Pro Tools. In this course, we'll explore a powerful audio work flow for the audio of your short film, documentary, or other multi-media video project. I'll start by showing you how to export audio from the Avid video editing soft ware and to get going with a useful film and video specific template in Pro Tools. I'll then show you how to consolidate, edit, and clean up your dialog and sync tracks using Pro Tool's powerful editing tools and cross fades.
We'll see how to get rid of unwanted hum and broadband noise using such tools like the built-in seven band equalizer and iZotope's RX 2 plug in. We'll then look at techniques and how to use Pro Tool's automation and clip gain to balance and tonally shape your tracks to get the perfect mix. When we're done, we'll have a completed mix to re-import back to Avid. Now let's get started with Mixing a Short Film in Pro Tools.
- Setting up your project
- Exporting audio and video
- Editing dialogue
- Fixing hum and broadband noise issues with processing
- Synchronizing sound effects (SFX)
- Automating volume
- Printing the final mix stems