Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding compositing, part of Editing with Composites and Effects in Avid Media Composer.
In this course, we're going to explore the world of compositing.…Compositing is the creative process of combining various image layers to form a cohesive scene.…Let's take a look at what I mean.…I have a sequence here, and I want to play it for you.…And I want you to take a look at all of the elements that are working together…to make this scene whole.…(video playing)…Okay, so we have some text, we have video.…
We have these planets and stars, and an actor, we have lots and lots of…different things, combined together to really put together this promo piece.…And you can see that there's only two video tracks.…And you might wonder how it all got put together.…Well I want to show you this sequence, and you'll get a little bit of a better idea.…We have here 9 video tracks and 10 audio tracks that are all…basically layered to form the parts of this whole, okay?…And so you can get a better idea of how this is all working together, I'm going…to show you the source material bins where it all came from.…
- Introducing compositing
- Pulling chroma keys with SpectraMatte
- Animating a chroma key
- Working with luma keys using the 3D Luma Keyer
- Masking out part of an image with the AniMatte effect
- Using AniMatte effects as transitions
- Using alpha channels in keys
- Creating a title sequence using a layered Photoshop file
- Changing the color or characteristics of an area inside the video frame using the Paint effect
- Writing words with the Brush tool
- Cloning and tracking objects
- Removing scratches and artifacts
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Compositing and Intraframe Effects
Understanding compositing3m 53s
2. Working with SpectraMatte and Other Chroma Keyers
3. Using the AniMatte Effect
4. Using Alpha Channels and Matte Keys
5. Using the Paint Effect
6. Putting It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.