- Understanding the creative goals of each project
- Setting up the Media Composer environment specifically for color correction
- Performing a correction from start to finish in the HSL group
- Performing a correction from start to finish in the Curves group
- Using color correction templates
- Using the automatic Color Correction effects
- Using Match Color and Natural Match
- Performing secondary color correction with Magic Mask
- Keyframing color correction effects over time
- Creating a look and feel with special treatments
- Automatically correcting a broadcast show using the Safe Color Limiter effect
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Ashley Kennedy, and welcome to Color Correction, Creating a Polished Look in Avid Media Composer. In this course, we'll be exploring the complete color correction workflow specific to Avid Media Composer's powerful color grading tools. We'll start by covering the environment you'll be working in as you perform color correction. Next, we'll delve into both manual and automatic correction techniques, so you know the best ways to properly set your luma values, remove color casts, and improve flesh tones.
Then, we'll take a look at tools to achieve shot to shot consistency, so the color and lighting match throughout your entire project. We'll finish by exploring how to apply stylistic treatments to your footage to give it a distinct look and feel. We'll be covering all of these features, plus other tools and techniques, within Avid Media Composer's extensive color correction workspace. Now, let's get started with Color Correction, Creating a Polished Look in Avid Media Composer.