Avid Media Composer 6 Essential Training
In this course, author Ashley Kennedy demonstrates basic and intermediate video editing techniques in Avid Media Composer. The course explains how to build sequences, mix audio, apply effects, and color-correct footage. The course also shows how to create titles, manage and output media, capture and import footage, and troubleshoot common post-production issues.
- Adding and removing shots to build multi-track sequences
- Trimming shots to fine-tune sequences
- Exploring navigation shortcuts and project management strategies
- Customizing the editing workspace
- Using advanced editing and trimming methods
- Adjusting audio levels and pan
- Applying, nesting, compositing, and revising video effects
- Understanding the relationship between rendering and system performance
- Incorporating intelligent media management strategies
Hi, I'm Ashley Kennedy. Welcome to Avid Media Composer 6 Essential Training. Media Composer is one of the world's widest-used video editing systems, complete with tools to help you turn your raw media assets into the building blocks for great story creation. In this course, I'll show you basic and intermediate editing techniques as we build sequences, everything from simple montages to more complex interview-based packages. We'll take a look at how to mix audio as well as how to perform color correction to fix and enhance your footage.
We'll explore how to apply all types of effects, including compositing effects, color effects, and titles, so that you can enrich your program to its fullest. We'll dive into Avid's powerful metadata searching and script-based options so that you can find exactly what you need. And I'll demonstrate how to input, output, and troubleshoot your footage so that you can take a project from concept to creation with ease. So let's have fun as we begin to peel back the many exciting layers of video editing in Avid Media Composer 6 Essential Training.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Avid Media Composer 6 Essential Training .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: When I open the exercise files, the media is all offline. I tried to reconnect using the steps in Chapter 14, but that isn't working. What do I do?
- A: Make sure to watch the "Using the Exercise Files" video. The Avid MediaFiles folder must be located at the root directory of the media drive (i.e. not inside any other folders, such as the exercise files folder), or all media will be offline. Here's a summary.1. In the lynda exercise files, there is a folder called Avid MediaFiles. Inside of that folder is a folder called MXF, and inside of the MXF folder is a folder called 1.2. Rename the "1" folder to "2" (or any other number).3. In a separate window, open the MXF folder of the Avid MediaFiles folder that's already on your system (not the exercise files folder). Drag the "2" folder from the exercise files to this MXF folder. You will now have both a "1" and a "2" folder. The media for this course will be in the "2" folder.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
After Effects CC Essential Training2,533,490 Views
DaVinci Resolve 11 Essential Training623,069 Views
Avid Media Composer 8 Essential Training399,108 Views
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)1,784,172 Views
Avid Media Composer 7 Essential Training332,794 Views
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2015)1,425,568 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,249,919 Views
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Training2,824,905 Views
Video Gear Weekly717,626 Views
DSLR Video Tips2,375,992 Views