Avid Media Composer 5 Essential Training
In Avid Media Composer 5 Essential Training, author Ashley Kennedy demonstrates basic and intermediate editing techniques in Media Composer, one of the most widely used nonlinear, video editing systems. This course covers how to build sequences, mix audio, color correct footage, apply effects, and troubleshoot common post-production issues in Media Composer. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Adding and removing shots to build multi-track sequences
- Trimming shots to improve audio timing and refine video
- Learning navigation shortcuts
- Customizing the workspace for an individualized editing experience
- Using advanced trim methods
- Adjusting audio levels and panning
- Applying effects, such as Picture-in-Picture and Timewarp
- Color correcting footage using a variety of built-in video scopes
- Understanding the rendering and system performance relationship
- Titling footage with Avid Marquee
- Capturing and importing footage
- Performing intelligent media management strategies
- Exporting and printing to tape
- Hi, I'm Ashley Kennedy. Welcome to the Avid Media Composer 5 Essential Training. Media Composer is the industry's most widely used non-linear editing system. It's a tool for countless editors worldwide serving as the chief post production tool for the broadest variety of projects. Everything from giant Hollywood blockbusters to the most basic one man band event videos. In this course, I'll show you basic and intermediate editing techniques as we build sequences. Everything from simple montages to more complex mini documentaries. I'll show you how to mix audio as well as how to use color correction to fix and enhance your footage.
I'll show you how to apply all types of effects including compositing effects, color effects, and titles to give your program vivacity and that extra spark and I'll teach you how to input, output, and troubleshoot your footage so that you can take a project from concept to creation with ease. In my time as a professional video editor, college editing instructor and forward senior trainer at Avid Technology, I've taught and learned from editors all over the world and gained a rich appreciation for different learning styles in the world of editing. I hope to share these with you in this training.
So let's have fun as we begin to peel back the many exciting layers of video editing in Avid Media Composer 5 Essential Training.
Avid Media Composer 5 Getting Started107,622 Views
Narrative Scene Editing with Avid Media Composer52,747 Views
Documentary Editing with Avid Media Composer77,235 Views
Getting Started with Apple Color84,134 Views
Compressor 3.5 Essential Training232,276 Views
Avid Media Composer 8 Essential Training467,475 Views
DaVinci Resolve 11 Essential Training642,778 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,626,905 Views
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)1,820,903 Views
Avid Media Composer 7 Essential Training339,738 Views