Learn how to store simulation results on disk.
- [Voiceover] If we're reasonably sure…that what we have is what we want,…we have the option of building a user cache,…that stores the Bifrost simulation data on disk,…allowing us to scrub through the timeline.…This is very important because…that's sort of a pre-condition…for getting the meshing settings right.…Remember that the Bifrost simulation…will need to be converted to a polygon mesh…if we want to make it look like water…with reflections and refractions and all that good stuff.…
We need to adjust the mesh attributes on multiple frames…to be sure that we got them right.…And in order to do that,…we really need to have a user cache first.…Before building a user cache,…definitely double check the Bifrost options.…In the Bifrost menu, choose Bifrost options.…We need to make sure that Background Processing is off,…and also that Scratch Caching is off.…Likewise, if we wanted to load…a scene that already has a cache attached,…these features need to be off then as well.…
All right, that's the way we need it to be.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding Bifröst
- Analyzing the node structure
- Emitting from a polygon mesh
- Colliding with objects
- Pushing and damping fluid motion with accelerators
- Caching Bifröst simulations
- Meshing liquid and exporting to Alembic
- Shading with the Bifröst liquid material
- Designing mental ray materials
- Layering shaders with Bifröst channel data
- Adding mist with an Aero simulation
- Texturing an Aero material
Skill Level Advanced
Maya: Particle and Fire Effects (2011)with Aaron F. Ross3h 46m Intermediate
Maya: Creating Fluid Effects (2013)with Aaron F. Ross2h 16m Intermediate
Maya Dynamics: Creating Simulations (2012)with Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
1. Simulating a Liquid
2. Tuning and Storing a Simulation
3. Shading a Liquid
4. Using Bifröst Aero
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.