In this video I'll look at sculpting a high poly model, starting out by…subdividing and hardening some edges.…What I'll do is take these three boards and combine them.…This way instead of projecting one at a time, I can project all three. As each of…them will have a cage that runs around the board for projection. I'll select them. As a note,…I'm here in face, and I need to right-click and make sure,…I'm in Object mode before I combine.…Otherwise Maya will return an error saying there's no object selected. With them…all selected I'll choose Mesh and Combine.…
Remember that combining or extracting or separating doesn't disturb UVs, it's…transparent, meaning that the UVs are still applied to the faces regardless of…what object they're part of. I'll delete the history.…As we can see over here in my Attribute Editor, this is getting a little bit long.…I'll press Shift+Alt+D.…Alternately, I can choose Edit > Delete by Type > History.…There's my objects, and we can see I've got them as different pieces, there is…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.