Become proficient in methods of using selection masks within Maya 2019. In this instructional video, George demonstrates ways of using selection masks to hide objects from the selection tool. This allows for selection of objects by type. George talks how this can be important when working with complex scenes.
- [Instructor] One more way to stay organized…is to use what are called selection masks.…Now these allow you to select only…certain types of objects so you can isolate…what you're working with by category.…Now we'll find these up here right under the menu bar.…You may have to expand the selection mask icons.…But they should look something like this.…Now by default everything is on…so I should be able to select anything…but if we want we can turn our selection masks…so that all objects are off.…
Now notice how all of these icons click off…and I cannot select anything.…So if I turn it on all of these light up…and allows me to select so let's go ahead…and turn this off.…Now if we want we can go on a category…by category basis and turn on different types of objects.…So if I click on this little diamond shape…that turns on geometry so I should…be able to select anything that has a shape but,…I can't select the lights or the camera.…
Now if I want to dig down a little bit more…I can right-click over this and I could turn off…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.