Understand and become familiar with the extrude tools in Maya 2019. In this instructional video, George demonstrates how to use Maya’s Extrude tool on a polygonal model. He extrudes a simple face, then uses the tool to add detail and modify the shape of the extruded geometry. He then shows how to extrude other types of components.
- [Instructor] Now when we model in Maya,…there are many times when we'll need to add…more detail to a model,…and probably the easiest way to do this…is by using edge loops.…Now if we take a look at this model here,…in fact, I'm going to go and turn off reference here…so we can see this.…You'll see that the detail in this model forms loops.…So we can see this a little bit better…if I go into wireframe mode here.…So if I right click here and go Edge,…you'll see that a lot of this detail…is in what are called edge loops,…and basically they're just loops of edges…that define the profile at a certain point.…
And I'm going to go ahead and hit six…to get back into shaded mode,…and let's turn on our reference.…Now what we can do is add in additional edge loops…to add in more detail.…So let's go into our front view here,…and you'll see here that we've got…a place where we probably need more detail.…So we need to kind of bring this out a little bit,…get a little bit more curvature and so on.…So we can use a tool called Insert Edge Loops.…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.