Maya’s new Shape Editor replaces the old Blend Shape Editor as the place to create, edit, and manage shapes. This video gives a tour of the new Shape Editor Window and workflow. George shows new features such as the ability to group blend shapes, create new blend shapes, and edit existing blend shapes.
- [Voiceover] In this version of Maya,…we have some new shape animation tools…and it will make working with blend shapes a lot better.…Now, the old Blend Shape Editor is gone…and in its place is something called the Shape Editor.…Now, we can find this in one of two places.…Under Windows, Animation Editors, Shape Editor…and that's where the Blend Shape Editor used to be.…And then we can also find it under the Sculpting shelf…right about here…and so if we click on that,…it will bring up the Shape Editor.…
Now, I don't have any blend shapes in the scene…right now but let's go ahead and create some.…So I've got a layer here in my channel box…called Shapes Layer…and if I turn that on,…you'll see I have all of these blend shapes…that I can use with this character.…So typically what I used to do…would be to select all of these shapes…then Shift select the character…and then under Deform,…do Blend Shape…but the better way to do that now is in the Shape Editor.…
We have that exact same button…right here in the interface…so all I have to do is select my shapes,…
- Finding the new features
- Using the Content Browser
- Working with symmetry and Mirror tool improvements
- Using the MASH networks
- Rigging a character with Quick Rig
- Animating with the Pose Editor
- Lighting with the Light Editor
- Rendering Render Setup layers
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Interface and Display
2. What's New in Modeling
3. Work with MASH
4. Animation and Rigging Tools
5. Lighting and Rendering Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.