Maya’s SVG tool allows you to import Scalable Vector Graphics files from a number of sources, including Adobe Illustrator. In this video, George shows how to import SVG files also how to turn those shapes into polygonal geometry by using extrudes. These shapes can be refined using preset and user-defined bevels.
- [Voiceover] In addition to the type tool,…Maya also has an SVG tool,…which allows you to import scalable vector graphics.…This is just a standard type of vector file,…and you can export this from Illustrator…or any number of other packages.…We can create an SVG object here, under create.…We go create SVG.…It brings in a place holder object here.…If we scroll over to SVG, the SVG tab,…you'll see that we have an option…to either paste in SVG data,…or we can import SVG.…
I'm going to select import here.…I'm going to go into my assets file here,…and I have something here called pattern.svg.…Go ahead and open that.…As you can see, it's a very simple vector graphic.…This tool actually has almost the same…sort of options as the type tool.…We can change the size here.…We can change the offset…as to how far along Z is going,…and we can also scale it along Z.…
We can also change stuff like the geometry.…These options here are very similar…to the options that we have for text,…so you'll see that these are pretty familiar.…Under mesh settings, we can have curve resolutions.…
- Finding the new features
- Using the Content Browser
- Working with symmetry and Mirror tool improvements
- Using the MASH networks
- Rigging a character with Quick Rig
- Animating with the Pose Editor
- Lighting with the Light Editor
- Rendering Render Setup layers
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Interface and Display
2. What's New in Modeling
3. Work with MASH
4. Animation and Rigging Tools
5. Lighting and Rendering Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.