Become familiar and understand with the Attribute Editor in Maya 2019. This video goes through the basics of the Attribute Editor, a panel that allows for in-depth control of objects within Maya. George shows how to navigate the tab-based interface, as well as how to modify key object attributes from within the interface.
- [Instructor] If we need to go deeper…into how are our object is constructed,…we can use the Attribute Editor.…Now this kind of works in concert…with the Channel Box, and it exists…in kind of the same area.…So if we want to access the Attribute Editor,…often you'll have a tab here,…and notice how this is double wide,…or we can press this button here…to get into this.…Now right now, my Attribute Editor is blank,…but if I select an object, you'll see…that the contents of this change depending…upon the object that we have selected.…
So if I select, for example, this TV set,…you'll see that we have a whole bunch…of different tabs for this.…So I have tabs for the TV set, its shape,…how it's shaded.…Now this TV set has a number of different…colors, and textures, and materials on it,…and those are all indicated by additional tabs.…So this is, for example, the gray rubber…on the dials.…And this is a matte gray and some blue plastic…for the body of that TV set.…
Now if we scroll over here to the very top,…you'll see that we have some common nodes…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.