Learn about and become familiar with the additional material types provided by the Arnold renderer for Maya 2019. In this video, George goes over materials that will only work in the Arnold renderer for Maya. He demonstrates the Standard material in Arnold and shows how to manage glossiness and reflectivity using this material.
- [Instructor] If you decide to render in Arnold,…it makes sense to use Arnold-specific materials…because those are designed for the renderer.…Now, the basic Maya materials will work with Arnold,…but let's take a look at how to use…the aI Standard material,…which is the basic Arnold material.…Now we can change materials very easily in Maya,…by just selecting the objects…and then just going into the attribute editor.…Now both of these objects here, the cylinder and the sphere,…have a Lambert2 material applied.…
But we can change that simply through this pull-down menu,…so if I wanted to, I could change it to a Blend or a Phong,…or really anything, but the one I'm really looking for…is called aI Standard Surface.…And when I change that, notice how that material changes.…Now we can also do this by going into our rendering menu set…and under Lighting/Shading, we can do Assign New Material,…and then we highlight Arnold, and again,…we have aI Standard Surface,…so if I were to click that, that will apply it as well.…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.