- [Instructor] Before we begin modeling, we must know how…the model is going to be used.…There are three different overall fields that use 3D models.…The first being the entertainment field, the second being…the scientific field, and the third for a lack of a better…name is the other/new field.…Within each of these fields, there are specific industry.…The entertainment field houses the film and advertising…industry, this industry will typically use what is called…surface modeling where the outer shape or shell…of the object is the most important part.…
The entertainment field can use different types…of geometry like nervs, polygons, and subdivision surfaces…for the most part to represent various shapes.…The video game industry will also use surface modeling,…but does have a few limitations like it can't use…nervs' object.…The other limitation is its polygon resolution or poly count…this limitation is placed on the nature of real time…rendering within video games.…The television industry is a nice mix between the film…
- Modeling workflows
- Geometry conversion
- Working with small room objects
- Modeling the top, middle base, and floor base of a table
- Blocking chair shapes in Maya
- Retopology in Mudbox for Maya
- Cleaning up model files
- Managing files and importing
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
1. Get Ready to Model
2. Modeling Basics
3. Smaller Room Objects
4. Side Table
5. Leather Chair
6. All Together Now
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.