Join Ryan Kittleson for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Digital Creature Creation in ZBrush Photoshop and Maya.
Digital Creature Creation is an intermediate to advanced course. Therefore, it can probably be helpful to watch a few lynda.com courses beforehand, such as ZBrush 4 Essential Training, Modeling a Character in Maya 2011, Maya 2011 Essential Training, and Photoshop CS5 Essential Training. It can also be helpful if you have basic artistic skills and basic 3D modeling skills. As you go through this course, if you run into trouble, feel free to search the lynda.com Library for any videos that might help out on the finer points of the programs we're using.
- Brainstorming and refining a character concept
- Installing custom brushes
- Optimizing tablet settings
- Posing the ZSpheres in ZBrush
- Sculpting muscles and midsize shapes
- Working with DynaMesh
- Using GoZ between ZBrush and Maya
- Creating topology for animation
- Sculpting fine detail
- Cleaning up a mesh in Maya
- Creating the UV layout
- Lighting and shading
- Painting texture maps
- Posing with Transpose tools in ZBrush
- Batch rendering a turntable animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
1. Preparing Your Workspace
2. Designing the Creature
3. Basic Sculpting in ZBrush
4. Basic Modeling in Maya
5. Creating Topology for Animation
6. Creating the UV Layout
7. Creating a Pedestal Environment
8. Lighting and Shading
10. Posing the Model
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.