Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Rigging Mechanical Objects in Maya.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Since this is an intermediate course, it will help if you know a little bit about Maya's rigging tools before beginning. Now, in this course, we're going to be using joints, constraints, set driven keys, as well as expressions. So if you're not familiar with those, go ahead and familiarize yourself with the basics before beginning.
- Setting up a scene in Maya
- Setting up joints to control pistons
- Creating a push rod
- Simulating springs
- Syncing gears to the crankshaft
- Creating a belt drive with wire deformers
- Rigging the conveyor belt
- Preventing flipping in motion paths
- Finalizing the scene
Skill Level Intermediate
Rigging a Cartoon Character in Mayawith George Maestri2h 34m Intermediate
1. Rigging Pistons
2. Cams and Rocker Arms
3. Gears and Pulleys
4. Rigging a Conveyor Belt
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.