Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Creating Cityscapes in Maya.
- For this course, a basic working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is helpful. We'll be using simple tools, like creating rectangles and adding strokes and fills, as well as text, to our objects. We'll also be moving objects around and using our smart guides extensively. You should have a basic knowledge of Autodesk Maya, including basic polygonal modeling, moving, rotating, and scaling objects, understanding the Maya file and project structure, and also creating some simple materials.
I'd highly recommend a basic working of The Foundry's Nuke. But we'll start with fairly simple things, so if you've never touched Nuke, this is a great chance to get your feet wet.
- Conceptualizing the city
- Planning the city in Illustrator
- Drawing buildings
- Laying out the city grid and buildings
- Creating tree and lighting elements
- Building a reference structure
- Creating referenced objects
- Exporting layer markers for compositing