Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,987 courses, including more 3D + Animation and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
Before viewing this tutorial, you should already be comfortable navigating Maya's view ports and creating and manipulating 3D models. Some experience with rigging tools is also preferred, as well as the general understanding 3D hierarchies. If you are not familiar with Maya, George Maya Essential series is a great place to start. Ideally, you would through this series all the way through Maya Essentials 5. Where we begin to cover some of the animation tools that we touch on in this course. So let's get started.
- Understanding morph targets
- Using Soft Select, Artisan Sculpt tools, and symmetry options
- Splitting symmetrical shapes into asymmetrical pairs
- Connecting eye rotation to the GUI
- Working with eyelids, using blend shapes or fan joints
- Creating a basic UI control
- Connecting controls
- Orienting joints and creating a support structure
- Attaching joints to the support structure
- Binding joints to the final mesh
- Balancing shape fidelity with rig density and usability