Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Understanding Maya nCloth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Before we begin our journey into Maya nCloth, I need to mention a couple of prerequisites, so that you won't get stuck. This is an intermediate level course, and we'll be covering a lot of ground, and I'll be assuming that you already know the basics of Maya; how to navigate the interface, and so on. You'll also need a fast computer. Dynamic simulations are notoriously calculation-intensive, and a multi-core or multi-processor computer is a very good idea. So if you've got many cores, if you have got a quad-core or higher machine, then Maya nCloth can take advantage of that.
Finally, you need to have some patience and perseverance. Sometimes the simulations can take quite a long time to calculate, and you'll need to have ample time to wait around for that to happen. Additionally, because of the complexity, you'll need to adjust many different variables. nCloth has a lot of attributes to play with, and any one of those could have a really large effect on the simulation. Just keep trying, and eventually you'll get the result that you want.
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding the nucleus solver
- Adopting a scale convention
- Adjusting nCloth and nRigid attributes
- Creating and animating nConstraints
- Editing nConstraint membership and influence
- Smoothing nCloth with subdivision surfaces
- Storing and manipulating simulation data with nCache
- Improving simulation quality and efficiency
- Dressing an animated character
- Painting dynamic attributes such as Stickiness
- Simulating many objects such as falling leaves
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. nCloth Basics
2. Simulating Dynamic nCloth
3. Directing nCloth
4. Optimizing Performance
5. Integrating nCloth with Animation
6. Simulating Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.