Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,800 courses, including more 3D + Animation and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Creating dynamic foam and bubbles with nParticles
- Rendering particles with the Fluid shader
- Colliding particles and fluids with polygons
- Storing simulations with disk caches
- Emitting particles from a texture
- Pouring liquid with nParticles
- Converting particles and fluids to smoothed polygons
- Simulating volumetric liquid with a 3D fluid container
- Controlling key simulation parameters
- Texturing a 3D fluid
Skill Level Intermediate
This is an advanced course in liquid simulations in Maya. And you need to have some prior experience with Maya dynamics in order to get the most out of this course. And I recommend that if you've never used any dynamic simulation tools in Maya before, that you take a look at a couple of the other courses here on lynda.com that I've authored. Specifically, there's a course called Creating Particle and Fire effects with Maya. And it goes over some of the basics of using Maya particles as well as Maya fluids.
Additionally, I've authored another course called Understanding Maya nCloth. And it goes into a fair amount of depth regarding Maya's Nucleus solver and we'll be using Nucleus in this course. So, I recommend, once again, that if you have no prior experience with dynamics in Maya, that you probably want to take a look at those two other courses here at lynda.com.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.