Mechanics in Animation are the study of how movement is generated. Dive into the physics of how the body moves and learn about the physical forces of movement.
- [Instructor] The next scene that we're going to focus on is this fight scene between two martial artists. Now initially you may not see any bouncing balls, but check their feet and their hands as they move through space, and as you're watching the animation also keep in mind the 12 principles of animation, such as ease in and out, follow-through, and overlapping action, in fact, in the beginning, watching really complicated scenes like this may feel really overwhelming, but don't worry, focus on the simple things that you know, the mechanics of say, a bouncing ball, and the principles of animation, and by taking notes of where everything is moving through space, you'll slowly be able to break down really complicated scenes.
- Defining advanced mechanics in animation
- Thinking in terms of form and force
- Using pose tools to accelerate work speed
- Animating a wall climb in Blender and Maya
- Refining movements that lead to stronger character poses
- Simplifying advanced mechanics in a workflow
- Animating a roundhouse kick
- Animating, refining, and polishing a fight scene
- Avoiding common issues