Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Welding adjacent borders, part of Understanding Maya nCloth.
This chapter is all about integrating nCloth with animation, and that…generally means applying clothing to a skinned character; a character that's…driven by a skeleton.…In the first couple examples here, I've just got a static mesh. This guy doesn't…animate; he's just basically a statue,…but we'll work our way up to an animated character.…The first thing to do, of course, is to create nCloth, and since I've got the…character selected, I'll go ahead up to the nMesh menu, and make him a passive…collider. Then I'll choose the robe, and choose nMesh > Create nCloth.…
Select it again, go to the Attribute Editor, Control+A, if it's not already open, and…I'm just going to choose a different preset.…Presets; let's try the tshirt, and Replace all those attribute values.…If I play this now, it won't look like much; it's going to look kind of strange,…and it's because the scale is wrong.…My character is modeled at a 1 to 1 real world scale.…We rewind that, go back to the Attribute Editor, to the nucleus node, and I need…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding the nucleus solver
- Adopting a scale convention
- Adjusting nCloth and nRigid attributes
- Creating and animating nConstraints
- Editing nConstraint membership and influence
- Smoothing nCloth with subdivision surfaces
- Storing and manipulating simulation data with nCache
- Improving simulation quality and efficiency
- Dressing an animated character
- Painting dynamic attributes such as Stickiness
- Simulating many objects such as falling leaves
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. nCloth Basics
2. Simulating Dynamic nCloth
3. Directing nCloth
4. Optimizing Performance
5. Integrating nCloth with Animation
6. Simulating Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.