Provides a thorough introduction to the NURBS modeling toolkit, a foundational aspect of 3D modeling.
- Hi! I'm George Maestri and welcome to Maya Essentials 3 NURBS modeling Techniques. In this course we're gonna go over NURBS surface modeling in Maya. Now, a NURBS surface is basically a curved surface defined by patches. We're going to start off in the course by looking at how to create NURBS primitives and edit basic NURBS objects. After that, we'll take a look at NURBS curves, which can in turn be used to create NURBS surfaces. We're gonna learn how to create curves on surfaces, we're going to trim surfaces, and we're also gonna learn how to stitch surfaces together.
So with that, let's get started with Maya Essentials 3 NURBS modeling Techniques.
- Creating NURBS primitives
- Manipulating NURBS surfaces and curves
- Detaching NURBS surfaces
- Creating Bezier curves, arcs, and text
- Opening and closing NURBS curves
- Duplicating curves
- Working with the Resolve, Loft, Extrude, and Planar commands
- Creating curves on a surface
- Trimming surfaces
- Working with NURBS Booleans
Skill Level Beginner
1. Modeling with NURBS Primitives
2. Working with NURBS Curves
3. Creating NURBS Surfaces from Curves
4. Refining NURBS Models
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.