In this video I'll show how to scratch and wear away paint on the gas pump.…I've added in wear, layering on rust and bubbles and so forth.…But what I also need to do, especially on these front panels, as we'll see in the…reference in the minute, is to wear away the paint.…It's been exposed to the elements for years, and so a lot of the original has faded out.…Here in Photoshop we can see, if I look at my reference, that the gas pump on the…left in blue is fairly intact.…The gas pump on the right in red though, although standing straighter has…the paint worn away, maybe scored or flaking off, revealing the white paint underneath.…
I'll show how to do this easily, building up using the eraser.…With the latest version in my PSD selected, I'm going to make my red gas pump…missing some of its paint.…First, I'll turn off some of my layer sets so I can see what I'm doing, turning…off the bump and turning off the blue color as well.…There is the red. And I'll open up that layer set and scroll down.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.