Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Warping objects with Input Mesh Attract, part of Learning Maya nCloth 2012.
Another interesting feature of nCloth is called Input Mesh Attract, and what it…does is it attempts to restore the cloth to the original shape of the model. And…it can be used for doing interesting things, like applying secondary jiggle…animation to character skin.…Here we're going to do a very simple version of Input Mesh Attract.…I've got a little delta wing fighter here, and I've just got some very simple…animation on it; it's just moving across the space over the course of 2 seconds.…I'll select it, and convert it to an nCloth; nMesh > Create nCloth. And if I press…Play, of course, it's going to move really slowly, once again, because I've built…my scene at real world scale.…
Let's select it, go into the Attitude Editor, Control+A, and select the nucleus node,…and reduce the Space Scale to .01. Rewind, and play back, and you'll see it's now…falling as if it were a small piece of cloth, about the size of, like, a tea towel.…Well, now we're going to play with Input Mesh Attract.…Go back into the Attribute Editor, Control+A, and in the nClothShape node, Input Mesh…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding the nucleus solver
- Adopting a scale convention
- Adjusting nCloth and nRigid attributes
- Creating and animating nConstraints
- Editing nConstraint membership and influence
- Smoothing nCloth with subdivision surfaces
- Storing and manipulating simulation data with nCache
- Improving simulation quality and efficiency
- Dressing an animated character
- Painting dynamic attributes such as Stickiness
- Simulating many objects such as falling leaves
Skill Level Intermediate
1. nCloth Basics
2. Simulating Dynamic nCloth
3. Directing nCloth
4. Optimizing Performance
5. Integrating nCloth with Animation
6. Simulating Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.