The wood grain is proceeding nicely, I have got local width spread in the grain,…plus value variation, so it really has some difference to it.…Now it's time to warp this gently and then start to add in local areas for…knots and other things.…I'll go back to my Liquify Filter, remember we have upsized this.…I'll press Ctrl+Alt+I and show that. This image is 4000 square, which is really big.…So be prepared occasionally for your computer to take a small performance hit.…I'll choose Filter > Liquify, and in the Liquify I'm going to warp it.…
I'll press Z and hold Alt to zoom out.…I want to make sure I have got lots of room around my document to move.…I use my Forward Warp tool, and again, I'm going to take the Brush Density…and Pressure way down. We don't want a drastic warp in here.…What I need to do is add some subtle curves, I don't want to produce giant…zig-zaggy wood, as much as a little bit of a bend.…I'll bring up that Brush Size, how drastically you might ask?…600 is not too small.…I will go even bigger, and it's okay really to max out that slider.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.