- [Instructor] So now we're ready…to get started with our project.…It's going to be of a personal library or study…with leather chairs,…side tables,…ornate bookshelves, lots of books,…lights and all the little objects…that need to fill the rest of this room.…I have collected quite a bit of reference for this project,…that you will have access to in the Exercise file.…But, lets jump into Maya and get started…by creating the walls and the floor.…We're here in a Maya scene.…It's just blank,…we haven't even got started yet,…and we're going to start by creating…those walls and floors.…
That's going to come from actually,…just a basic cube.…So, I'm going to create a cube,…from the shelf;…from the Poly Modeling,…and I'm going to go to the front view…and we're going to move the manipulator…down to the bottom.…We're going to do this by hitting Insert,…and holding down the V, as in Victor, key,…and point-snapping that manipulator…down to the bottom of the cube.…I'm then going to hold down X,…and move this particular cube…up to the bottom of the grid line, here.…
- Modeling workflows
- Geometry conversion
- Working with small room objects
- Modeling the top, middle base, and floor base of a table
- Blocking chair shapes in Maya
- Retopology in Mudbox for Maya
- Cleaning up model files
- Managing files and importing
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
1. Get Ready to Model
2. Modeling Basics
3. Smaller Room Objects
4. Side Table
5. Leather Chair
6. All Together Now
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.