- So, here we are in the 03_02_Start file,…and in this particular Maya file,…I have already gone and placed my image planes…in here for us to use as reference.…Now, we're going to create this vase shape,…and honestly, up front, it's not that complicated…just from the standpoint that it's just a cylinder…that's been kind of bowed out…into this kind of nice shape.…Now, the interesting part about this…are these diamond shape extrusions…that are all the way around it.…And that's going to be the most challenging part…about this particular model.…
Now, from a workflow standpoint,…this is a hard surface simple.…It is not a complicated shape overall; it's a single object.…and we're going to come at it with the workflow…of just using a basic primitive to start with.…So, let's jump in and go.…So, I'm going to snap back out into my work view here,…and I'm going to start by creating that polygon cylinder.…I'm going to move that cylinder up…over here in our work view, and I'm going to use…the scale tool just to start getting this…
- Modeling workflows
- Geometry conversion
- Working with small room objects
- Modeling the top, middle base, and floor base of a table
- Blocking chair shapes in Maya
- Retopology in Mudbox for Maya
- Cleaning up model files
- Managing files and importing
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
1. Get Ready to Model
2. Modeling Basics
3. Smaller Room Objects
4. Side Table
5. Leather Chair
6. All Together Now
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.