Join Eric Keller for an in-depth discussion in this video Using texture maps for color and other shader channels, part of Creating Textures and Shaders in Maya.
In this movie, I am going to give you a brief overview of how to work…with texture nodes.…Texture nodes add additional detail to your shader networks, so that you can…extend the capabilities of your shaders and start to make them look more…realistic or add special effects or so on.…So how do you connect a texture node to a mental ray shader?…Well let's take a look here.…I'm going to apply a mia_ shader to the sphere.…So I am going go to the Window > Rendering Editors > Hypershade, and under…mental ray Materials, I'll click on the mia_material-X node to create the node,…and I am going to select the sphere, right-click over the material in the…Hypershade and choose Assign Material to Selection, to know it's assigned.…
So, I'll select the sphere, and in the Attribute Editor, click on the Material…node, this is the mia_materialx2 node, and as you know we have various channels…within the shader that control its attributes, for instance the Color channel,…controls the diffuse color of the shader, so I can move the slider back and…
- Understanding shading concepts
- Simulating the Fresnel effect for realistic reflections
- Rendering transparent and translucent surfaces
- Comparing mental ray and Maya standard shaders
- Introducing the mia_material
- Developing shader networks
- Using subsurface scattering shaders
- Mapping polygon UV coordinates
- Incorporating texture nodes into networks
- Improving skin detail with ambient occlusion
- Painting bump maps
- Creating normal and displacement maps
- Troubleshooting maps
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
Creating Natural Environments in Mayawith Aaron F. Ross4h 18m Intermediate
Lighting and Rendering with mental ray in Mayawith Eric Keller4h 56m Intermediate
1. Shading Concepts
2. Shading in mental ray
4. mental ray Texture Nodes
5. Creating Surface Details with Textures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.