In this video I'll explore the Sculpting Tools in little more detail in Mudbox.…I've done some more modeling on my barrier here in Maya. I realized in the…previous videos when I was taking it across that I wasn't quite happy with the corners initially.…And that's simply taking the precise corners and trying to show them in wasn't…giving me the result I wanted.…It's okay to try a few things and see how it looks when it comes across.…What I decided to do is introduce some more edge loops here in Maya and gently…crunch some of the corners first.…
I've used the preserve UVs check box in the Move tool and preserve the UVs while…I'm adding in these new edge loops.…Now that I've got my barrier crunched to deformed,…I'm going to bring it over to Mudbox and look at the sculpting.…We're going to see this kind of iteration in workflow where there's some…experimentation in a few trials quickly to see if we're getting the right result…before we get into detail, so don't be afraid to try things a couple of times.…I'll choose File > Export.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.