Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Using screen drawing tools for the Mac, part of Character Animation: Maya.
- View Offline
For those of you who are using OS X on the Macintosh platform, there is a screen…draw tool that you can use as well.…I did some searching on I found one called Magic Pen, which should work.…And the way that you find it is basically just go on Google, type magic pen for…the Mac, and you should find it.…Now I found it on CNET, but you may find it in other places as well, and it's a free download.…It's a free piece of software, so you should be good to go with that.…
So let me go ahead and close my browser here.…Now once you install Magic Pen, it should show up either in the Applications…folder and I've dragged it here to my dock. So you can just double-click on it.…And when you do, what happens is this little icon comes up and once this icon…is here, we have a number of options.…One is we can choose our color and then we can actually just draw.…So you can just draw on the screen here.…Now we have some menu options here and the most important one is Clear Pad.…
This software actually does support what are called multiple pads, so you can…
Prerequisite courses: Maya 2011 Essential Training.
- Using screen-drawing tools for Windows and Mac
- Quickly posing characters with custom MEL scripts and layers
- Understanding forces and their role in creating lifelike animation
- Sequencing and timing pose-to-pose animation
- Fine-tuning transitions
- Animating a character's gait and run
- Crafting realistic facial expressions
- Syncing speech to animated dialogue