Join Jason Baskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using lattices and wrap deformers, part of Rigging a Face in Maya.
…Maya's Lattice Deformer is familiar to most modelers but many users overlook a…simple setting on the lattice deformer that…can help produce much more organic edits.…And the rap deformer is very similar to the lattice…in function but allows for even more localized and controlled defamation.…In this lesson, we'll begin working with both of these tools…and explore how they can be useful additions to our rigging arsenal.…So when I put a lot of effort into creating a face model…with strong topology like this one it's nice to be able to reuse that.…
And I know a lot of modelers will start out with sort of a prototype mesh of a…head or hands and they'll use that as the…sort of foundation for creating additional variations down the line.…So I've duplicated this face and in order to make some character…edits to the mesh I'm going to select the brows and hair.…I'll leave the eyes behind for now.…I'll select the mustache as well and go to Create Deformers and choose Lattice.…The lattice deformer creates a modification box consisting of a specified…
- Understanding morph targets
- Using Soft Select, Artisan Sculpt tools, and symmetry options
- Splitting symmetrical shapes into asymmetrical pairs
- Connecting eye rotation to the GUI
- Working with eyelids, using blend shapes or fan joints
- Creating a basic UI control
- Connecting controls
- Orienting joints and creating a support structure
- Attaching joints to the support structure
- Binding joints to the final mesh
- Balancing shape fidelity with rig density and usability
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Blend Shape Approach
2. Rigging Eyes and Eyelids
3. Building and Connecting Controls
4. Joint-Based Approach
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.