Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Using interactive playback, part of Learning Maya nCloth 2012.
Here's a really fun and very useful tool within Maya that will allow you…to change attributes while the simulation is running; it's called…interactive playback.…To see this most dramatically, I am going to set the Wind Speed down to 0 to…start with, and I'll go ahead and go up to the nDynamics menu set, to the nSolver…menu, and you will see Interactive Playback.…And when I activate that, it starts playing.…You can see I have got no wind currently,…but if I move this slider up, I am increasing the Wind Speed interactively in…the viewport. So I crank that up to 200. And if I bring it back down to 0, the…wind stops. Turn it back up, the wind starts again.…
And I can use this to fine-tune my scenes, and in fact, any attribute can be…adjusted while you're running in interactive playback mode.…You do have to prepare for that, though.…If you wanted to adjust attributes, you need to get the Attribute Editor open to…the page that you want to use.…You also need to make sure you have enough time in your timeline.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding the nucleus solver
- Adopting a scale convention
- Adjusting nCloth and nRigid attributes
- Creating and animating nConstraints
- Editing nConstraint membership and influence
- Smoothing nCloth with subdivision surfaces
- Storing and manipulating simulation data with nCache
- Improving simulation quality and efficiency
- Dressing an animated character
- Painting dynamic attributes such as Stickiness
- Simulating many objects such as falling leaves
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. nCloth Basics
2. Simulating Dynamic nCloth
3. Directing nCloth
4. Optimizing Performance
5. Integrating nCloth with Animation
6. Simulating Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.