Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Maya Essentials 6: Lights and Rendering.
If you're lynda.com Premium subscriber you'll get the exercise files for download. Now if you want to follow along with the exercise files, go ahead and unzip the folder and place it on your desktop and inside this Exercise Files folder you'll find one folder for each chapter. At the beginning of the chapter go ahead and set this folder as your project and everything should line up.
- Adjusting the Render Settings menu
- Adding depth map and raytrace shadows
- Understanding the principle of light decay
- Creating cameras
- Using Motion Blur in Maya and mental ray
- Using Final Gather for natural illumination
- Rendering transparent materials with caustics
- Batching rendering
Skill Level Beginner
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
Lighting and Rendering with mental ray in Mayawith Eric Keller4h 56m Intermediate
1. Maya Rendering
2. Lights and Lighting Types in Maya
3. Understanding Cameras
4. Advanced Rendering with mental ray
5. Final Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.