Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Maya 2013 Essential Training: 4 Creating Textures and Materials.
If you're a lynda.com Premium Subscriber, or you get the course on DVD, you'll have the exercise files used in this course. Now, if you want to follow along, go ahead and drag your exercise files to your desktop as I have here. Now, this exercise files folder basically has one folder for each chapter in the course. In each one of these folders is a Maya project. So, at the beginning of each chapter, I want you to go into File > Set Project and make sure you set the appropriate folder for the project that you're using.
So the first one we're going to be using is Create_Materials so go ahead and set that, and you should be ready for the first chapter.
- Understanding the basic materials
- Creating and applying maps
- Working with the Hypershade window
- Using bitmaps as textures
- Creating reflections
- Using bump vs. displacement mapping
- Projecting textures on surfaces
- UV mapping a complex object