Join Eric Keller for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Creating Textures and Shaders in Maya.
If you have access to the Exercise Files for this course, you can put them on…your Desktop as I have or anywhere else you want.…The Exercise Files have been organized into a typical Maya project…directory structure.…So the scene files are actually found in the scenes folder of the project.…You'll see that there is a scene for the start and the ending of each exercise.…The texture maps that are connected to the various shader networks are found in…the sourceimages directory.…
It's important to remember that when you start working with the files,…you want to make sure that the current project in Maya is set to the Exercise Files project.…To do this, go to File > Project > Set and then choose the Exercise Files folder.…If the project is not correctly set, Maya might not be able to find the file textures.…Then when you render the scene, it may not render correctly.…So it's very important to set your project when you start to work on this and…keep the projects set to Exercise Files as long as you're following along.…
- Understanding shading concepts
- Simulating the Fresnel effect for realistic reflections
- Rendering transparent and translucent surfaces
- Comparing mental ray and Maya standard shaders
- Introducing the mia_material
- Developing shader networks
- Using subsurface scattering shaders
- Mapping polygon UV coordinates
- Incorporating texture nodes into networks
- Improving skin detail with ambient occlusion
- Painting bump maps
- Creating normal and displacement maps
- Troubleshooting maps
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
Creating Natural Environments in Mayawith Aaron F. Ross4h 18m Intermediate
Maya: Lighting and Rendering with mental raywith Eric Keller4h 56m Intermediate
1. Shading Concepts
2. Shading in mental ray
4. mental ray Texture Nodes
5. Creating Surface Details with Textures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.