Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Character Animation: Maya.
- View Offline
If you have a premium lynda.com subscription, you'll have access to the exercise files.…If you want to follow along with me using the exact same files that I'm using,…go ahead and download those now, and then just drag the folder to the Desktop.…And that folder is called Exercise Files, and if you double-click on it, you'll…see that we have one folder per chapter.…So go ahead and download that now if you'd like to follow along.…If you have downloaded the exercise files, then you'll also need to do one…additional thing within Maya.…
At the start of every chapter, I want you to go ahead to File > Project and…make sure you set your project to the proper chapter.…Now all I have to do is go to my Desktop and in exercise files we can now find…the chapter that we're working on.…Right now, we're in the introductory chapter, which is Chapter 0, so go…ahead and set that now.…And please remember to do that at the start of each chapter, so that way…the files match up.…
Prerequisite courses: Maya 2011 Essential Training.
- Using screen-drawing tools for Windows and Mac
- Quickly posing characters with custom MEL scripts and layers
- Understanding forces and their role in creating lifelike animation
- Sequencing and timing pose-to-pose animation
- Fine-tuning transitions
- Animating a character's gait and run
- Crafting realistic facial expressions
- Syncing speech to animated dialogue