Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Animating Cartoon Characters in Maya.
- If you have access to the exercise files that accompany this course and want to follow along, go ahead and download those files now and place the Exercise Files folder on your desktop. Now this folder has a number of subfolders, and each one of these is a Maya project. So if we go into the first one of these, you'll see that we have a Maya project, and all of our scenes and textures are located here. So when you start a new chapter, go ahead and set your Maya project to that corresponding chapter.
- Working out the walk timing
- Blocking out footsteps
- Animating the character's walk
- Animating a jump, including the landing and follow-through
- Blocking out and timing poses
- Creating facial expressions
- Animating a quick exit
- Adding lights
- Rendering in Maya
Skill Level Intermediate
Rigging a Cartoon Character in Mayawith George Maestri2h 34m Intermediate
1. Animating a Cartoon Walk
2. Straight Ahead: Creating a Jump
3. Pose to Pose: Animating Changes in Mood
4. Animating a Zip Out
5. Finalizing and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.