Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Using bookmarks for alternative orthographic views, part of Cinematography: Maya.
…If we want to look from a different point of view…in an orthographic camera, we can use bookmarks to do that.…And that will prevent all the issues that we saw with the View Cube.…So for example, currently in this side view, we're…actually looking from the right side of the world.…The side view is currently pointing in the negative x direction.…And we can see that here.…If I dolly in a bit and select the side camera.…It's looking from right to left in negative x.…
I can tell that because I have the…z-axis pointed towards me on the axis tripod here.…So that's a right side view. If I want to see a left side view, all I…have to do is go into the View panel and choose Predefined Bookmarks>Left Side.…And we need to just dolly out a little bit here in the side…view, and also dolly out in the perspective view, so we can see it.…So now it's looking from the other direction.…
That's a left view.…And I can go back to the Bookmarks view >…Predefined Bookmarks > Right Side, and now it's back over here.…And I can dolly out a bit so we can see it better.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Getting the most out of viewport cameras
- Controlling camera attributes such as clipping planes
- Setting display options such as Resolution Gate
- Adjusting focal length and field of view
- Previz editing with the Camera Sequencer
- Setting rotation order for predictable camera animation
- Animating simple camera moves such as pan and dolly
- Mastering compound moves such as crane and handheld shots
- Understanding the Film Back attributes
- Achieving isometric and tilt-shift effects
- Projecting a texture from a camera
- Rendering depth-of-field and rack-focus effects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Viewport Camera Basics
2. Renderable Camera Basics
3. PreVIZ Editing with the Camera Sequencer
4. Simple Camera Movement
5. Compound Camera Movement
6. Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.