In this video I'll look at baking an occlusion as a foundation for rust.…I have got a Toolbox here, and I'd like to put a rusty texture on.…But what I want to have is besides just any old rust painted on, occlusion is a…basis for rust that has built up because it's been sitting outside on the ground…and gotten generally splashed.…What I'll do, then, is put a ground plane underneath it and render the occlusion…on part of the surfaces.…If we look here in the UV Texture Editor, you can see I have unwrapped it.…
I have taken half of the UVs and aligned them where I want.…Here is the top and one side and one end.…Being that this object is symmetric, my plan is to bake the occlusion and really…the part I care about are these three shells.…I have stacked these three over here essentially out of the way, and I don't care if they clip.…What I am going to do then is bake the occlusion and then take the remaining…three shells and stack them over, so I have the same occlusion on both ends,…both sides, the top and the bottom.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.