Here in Photoshop, I'm going to open up that occlusion image and start painting my shutter.…I'll open it up, and it's nested pretty deep in the Maya structure.…I'll press Ctrl+O to open, and I'll look over into my project.…Here in my Game Props project, it's gone into renderData > mentalray > lightMap,…and there is that high res shutter.…I'll click Open and pull it open.…It looks good, and I need to worry about a color map as well.…What I will typically do is take out the black.…
In this case, we don't need occlusion on the corners, we just need it on the…shutters to pop out the detail.…Normal maps would concern themselves with the corners here that I have beveled.…So what I'm going to do is use my marquee and some white and get the rest of…this all in white, so I can paint a diffuse color on it.…I have pressed D to go to the default colors, and I'll hit X to swap colors.…I'll press G for the paint bucket and start filling in areas.…I'll take out all the black, and I make sure I have got just the white shutter essentially over white.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.