Get in-depth instruction on how to use Maya 2019’s new Workspaces feature. In this video, George gives a tour of the Workspaces feature in Maya. He shows ways to quickly switch between workspaces to accomplish various tasks, such as modeling and animation. He also shows how to configure workspaces to suit your needs.
- [Instructor] Another way to customize your interface…is to use what are called workspaces.…Now workspaces exist in the top,…right-hand corner of the interface.…So we have this little workspace pull-down.…And right now we're using what's called…the Maya Classic Workspace,…and that's really what we have here.…Now if we want, we can change this…to any number of standard layouts here.…So, for example, we have modeling standard.…And what that does,…is it gets rid of all the extraneous animation tools,…such as the time slider and the range slider…and it gives you a little bit more space to work.…
Now if you're really good with hotkeys,…you can go to modeling expert,…which takes away almost all the menus…and allows you a big space to work in.…We also have a number of other ones.…We have one for, say, motion graphics,…which brings up motion graphics tools.…We have another one for rendering,…which brings up all of the rendering tools.…Now I'm going to go back to Maya Classic here.…Now if we change the interface, let's go back into Windows,…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.