In this video, we learn about ways to be more efficient in Maya 2019 through the use of shortcuts such as the hotbox and marking menus. The hotbox is a full menu system that is available at the mouse upon touching the spacebar. Marking menus are context-sensitive menus that appear when a right-click is pressed on the mouse.
- [Narrator] Maya has a lot of functionality that's hidden…that you can actually access from under the mouths.…Now probably the most important ones of these…are called the hotbox as well as marking menus.…Now the hotbox happens when you hold the space bar down.…And when I do, notice how this menu comes up.…And this menu is basically all of the menus for Maya.…So you notice we have our file, edit, create,…which are here.…But we also have our mesh commands here,…as well as rigging, animation, and others.…
So just by holding down the space bar…you can access a lot of different menus.…Now another nice thing in here is a recent commands menu…which shows you all the commands that you just executed.…So if you want to do something that's repetitive…this might be a way to make that go easier.…Now the marking menu can also change your viewport.…So if I click in the middle here…I'm on a perspective view, but if I wanted to…I could go into top view and view that from the top.…
Again, space bar, left-click, go into a front view…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.