Apply bitmaps as textures from within a material in Maya 2019. In this instructional video, George demonstrates ways to use bitmapped images as textures from within Maya. He shows how to import an image, then he discusses ways of controlling the placement and tiling of maps within the material itself.
- [Instructor] There are many times…when you'll need to paint or create photographic texture…for your objects,…and in that case, we'll want to use bitmaps.…So let's take a look at how to apply bitmaps to texture.…So I'm going to select this Nurbs plane.…Now the reason I'm using Nurbs is because the…mapping is already baked in and it makes it easy to apply…materials and textured.…And then I'm going to go ahead and create a material.…So it doesn't really matter what type of material.…
I'm just going to use a lambert, which doesn't have…any shininess to it.…And then I'm going to go into my attribute editor…and go down to my color tab.…So when I dial in my color attribute, you can see that…it's affecting it.…But I want to input a texture into this,…and specifically a bitmap texture.…So I'm going to click on this little checker here.…And we're going to go into create render node,…and we're looking for file, so go ahead and left…click on file,…and it should bring you into this node called file one.…
Now this node allows me to input an image.…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.