Learn about and understand ways to use the Polygon Bridge tool to connect multiple polygonal surfaces together in Maya 2019. In this instructional video, George uses the Polygon Bridge tool to connect together two pairs of open edges to create a seamless object. He shows how align the objects and manipulate the resulting detail.
- [Instructor] Now let's take a look…at the polygon bridge tool…and that allows us…to basically bridge open gaps in geometry.…Now I have my coffee cup with my little handle here…and we've got one little part here…that still needs to be done.…I need to connect this to this.…Now I could do that by using merge vertex…or a target weld or something like that.…But let's go ahead and use the polygon bridge tool…to make this a little bit easier.…
So the first thing I'm going to do is create a hole.…So I'm going to go ahead and select this face and hit delete.…And select this face as well and hit delete.…And, in fact, I'm going to go ahead…and select these faces as well.…So I want a bigger gap here,…just so you can see how this tool works.…So what I have here is now I have two open edges here.…So basically I've got two holes…and we're going to use the bridge tool to fill those in.…
So what we have to do is we have to select the edges.…So I'm going to right-click here,…select edge, and double-click on that.…So as you can see, it selects that opening.…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.