Understand and learn how to draw NURBS and Bezier curves in Maya 2019. In this instructional video, George shows how to use the three main types of curve creation tools in Maya. These are the CV curve tool, the EP curve tool, and the Bezier curve tool. George shows the benefits of each type of curve.
- [Instructor] Now, as I've mentioned before,…the other way to create NURBS surfaces is to use Curves.…Now, before we start creating surfaces,…we need to first learn how to create curves.…So, we can do this in a couple of ways.…First, we have a couple of curves here on our shelf,…but let's take a look at the Create menu,…so we can get a little more specific.…Now, in the Create menu,…we do have two types of curves under the NURBS Primitives.…And probably the most important one is the Circle.…So, if I select Circle and left-click and drag,…you can see I can create a circle.…
And if I right-click over this,…you can go into Control Vertex mode.…And as you can see, we have all of our control vertices…or CVs, and we can select these CVs and move them…and manipulate the shape and size of this curve.…If I go back in Object Mode,…you can see that we've now reshaped this.…Now, if we want to get a little bit more specific,…we can draw our curves from scratch.…We could do this by going into the Create menu…and going under Curve Tools.…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.